Bookish Scene Recap - February

In terms of Bookstagram, this month was a little hectic. On top of doing my Bookish Scene posts, I decided to do a daily challenge. Lots of planning, posing, and posting! I really love the fun prompts of Bookish Scene so I will continue to do it whether I do monthly challenges or not. I noticed that, aside from the last photo, I was all about the square format.

Feb. 5th - Tea vs. Coffee


Tea vs. Coffee was a no-brainer - I can't live without my coffee! I like tea, don't get me wrong. But coffee is one of my favorite things in the world. I love trying different brewing methods, I love the scent, and I just love the taste! I take mine with a bit of flavored creamer. I posed my cup with my copy of Clockwork Angel and an adorable Crafted Van bookmark that matches the mug's rim!

Feb. 12th - Heart


 It made sense that the weekend of Valentine's Day had "Heart" as its prompt. This was a tough one for me. A lot of awesome and unique things can be done with books to represent heart. I tried to do some shapes with my books, but keeping them in line got really frustrating. So instead, I found a few books that had hearts on the spine, posed it with a new mug that also happens to feature a heart, and voila!

Feb. 19th - Forced to Read

Aside from school assignments of the past, I've never really felt forced to read. The only thing I could think of was Into the Wild, which I received as a gift from my sister's boyfriend. I saw the movie years ago (it's a true story, if you didn't know) and never felt compelled to read the book. I feel like I should read it, though, because it was a gift!

Feb. 26th - Cover Love

 Prompts that require me to pick beautiful book covers are tough. I love so many book covers, whether it's because of the color scheme, the fonts chosen, the photography, the graphic design, etc.. Recently, I've been obsessed with looking at various editions of books and seeing if I could buy them. The Book Depository is an awesome place to get foreign editions, and the first one I did was Night Owls by Jenn Bennett. If you look for this particular book in the US, you might have a hard time - the book's title was changed to The Anatomical Shape of a Heart when it was published in the states. I prefer the UK edition (though both titles work for the book), and I'm so glad it's the one I own. 



I love doing these weekly challenges! I'm excited to see (and share with you) the March prompts. Remember to check out my Instagram, @MLVReads, to see my photos each week (and, okay, every day!).

Comments

Post a Comment