Bookish Scene Recap - March

Project 52: Bookish Scene is still goin' strong over here! I've loved taking part in this weekly challenge. I was especially excited to be contacted by Josephine (of Word Revel) to be included in a post about her favorite photos of February! If I'm being honest, March didn't feel like my strongest month...but I think that's bound to happen with a challenge!

Mar. 4th - Twists & Turns


I had big ideas for this prompt. Initially, I wanted to make a twisty/turny-lookin' stack of books that have twists and turns in the plot. When that didn't work out, I thought about wrapping this book (which conveniently has a twisty vine cover) in some kind of yarn or something to make it look even more wrapped up. Obviously, I settled on leaving the book as is. The Walls Around Us is a strange sort of psychological thriller. When I heard it was "Black Swan meets Orange is the New Black", I was very intrigued.
After reading it, I can say that was a pretty fair assessment.

Mar. 11th - Shards


When I initially saw that the second week's prompt was Shards, I had a WTF moment. WTF do they mean? WTF do I do with that? I was completely at a loss, unsure what to do. Luckily, I wasn't the only one. I saw someone ask about it on the original IG post and it kinda helped clear things up. Obviously, the prompts can be taken literally OR in a more metaphorical sense. In this case, I decided to go LITERAL. I grabbed a beer bottle from our recycling bin and dropped it. The green really helped compliment We Were Liars, which I chose because the main character, Cady, has broken memories (dare I say they are in shards??). Definitely my favorite picture of the month.
Mar. 18th - Spring


So, the weather sucks so much in my neck of the woods (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before). Winter was so weirdly mild and now we are kinda stuck in this limbo of 30 degrees-60 degrees. Though some things are blooming, it's not really happening around my house. And it especially wasn't happening anywhere when I took this photo. This prompt started to seem harder than shards, which I didn't think would be possible. I finally remembered I have Chasing Spring, which has the word in the title AND a very pretty cover, and a floral background. Fake it 'til you make it!

 Mar. 25th - Easter


My boyfriend and I spent Easter out of town, visiting with my sister and her boyfriend. It was a nice break from reality. I brought a ridiculous amount of books in case of awesome photo opportunities, but I ended up using her gorgeous Jane Austen books and the cute decor and basket she had for everyone on Easter Sunday!


And there's March via Bookish Scene. There was a hot minute where the possibility of future Bookish Scene prompts wouldn't be happening. Luckily, it was solved (for now and hopefully the rest of the year) and I'm diggin' the prompts.

If you'd like to see more photos like this, follow me on Instagram @MLVReads !



Comments