March Wrap Up!

“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)” 




Time to wrap up March while we welcome April!



I am SO READY for sunny days, sundresses, iced coffee, and everything in bloom. It's been weird around my neck of the woods...one week it's warm, the next they call for snow. Sighhhhhh.

On a bookish note, I finally finished the Shadowhunters books at the beginning of the month (well, the novels that were released at the time, at least - you can read about that here) and was able to dive into some newly acquired books! I will admit that leaving the world I had been immersed in was hard at first...especially since I have so.many.books. but I managed and I hope to continue on a good path this month as well!

Books Read/Finished This Month
City of Heavenly Fire (TMI) - Cassandra Clare
Lost at Sea - Bryan Lee O'Malley
Room -  Emma Donoghue (Review)
The Mistake - Elle Kennedy (Review)
The Passenger - Lisa Lutz (Review)
Thanks for the Trouble - Tommy Wallach (Review)
Alex and Ada Vol. 1 - Jonathan Luna/Sarah Vaughn
Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #1) - Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan
Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas (Review)
You Are a Badass - Jen Sincero (Review)
Manwhore - Katy Evans (Review)
Modern Romance - Aziz Ansari & Eric Klinenberg
The Lost Herondale 
(Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #2)  - Cassandra Clare & Robin Wasserman

Wow, that was a lot to type out. To be fair, there was a lot because I read in a bunch of formats. Lost at Sea and Alex and Ada are graphic novels/comics. The Shadowhunter Academy stories (that's right, I'm still engaged in the world) are novellas that can be read in an hour or less. Badass and Modern Romance were audiobooks I listened to on my round trip drive to VA. As always, there are some spoilery book reviews on Goodreads, but you can also check out several reviews right here on the blog!

Books I Bought This Month
Emma, Mansfield Park, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey
(Vintage Classics Editions) - Jane Austen
Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell (funny story about that one coming soon!)
Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2) - Rachel Hawkins
The Love That Split the World - Emily Henry
Thanks for the Trouble - Tommy Wallach
Beautiful Stranger - Christina Lauren

Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) - Cassandra Clare
And then a slew of books from a used book sale that I don't feel like listing so please check out the photo below...




eBooks Bought This Month
Mud Vein - Tarryn Fisher
Books 1-3 of the Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy series - Cassandra Clare, et al.
Kaleidoscope Hearts - Claire Contreras (It was free when I got it!)
Wolf By Wolf - Ryan Graudin
Nuts - Alice Clayton
This Sky - Autumn Doughton (This was also free when I got it)The Wrath and the Dawn - 
Renée Ahdieh

Oh hey, I have like NO CHILL ABOUT BUYING BOOKS. I'm debating a ban/break...more on that later. If I were to do it, that would be DAMN hard. Ugh.

Challenge Updates (Or that time I did a bunch of math because I'm a dork)

As for progress on the challenges, I'm pretty much crushing my Goodreads goal. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm not just reading novels, but also novellas and graphic novels and comics and listening to audiobooks and that's really helped put a dent in my goal. I'm currently at the halfway mark and I'm highly debating upping my goal (which I was doing last month too). Especially since I know I'll be reading a lot more novellas and comics throughout the year. So do I do 75? Should I be super ambitious and do 100?
 Even if we take away the audiobooks/comics/novellas, I've still read 18 novels this year.

I did the math and that means I would still be about 6 books ahead of schedule and 36% done with the goal. At that rate, without counting the shorter stuff or audio, I could read 72 books this year....and that's not even considering whether a book will be so good that I finish it in a day or two (especially since it took about a week per book with the Shadowhunters and those puppies were almost all over 500 pages).

What would you do?

For now, the totals are:


Goodreads Challenge: 25/50
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 5/26

Still got some branching out to do with my Read Harder Challenge, but I'm psyched to have a handful under my belt. It's only gonna get harder from here, though...eek.

Here's to another great month of reading!

Comments