March Wrap Up!

Time to wrap up another month of reading! I cannot believe it is April (no joke!). Life is hectic (I'm getting married in 6 months and there is SO.MUCH.TO.DO.) but I will always find time for reading (and that time is usually supposed to be when I'm sleeping so I feel terrible every single day but it's also kind of worth it?). Let's do this!



Books I Read

Caraval - Stephanie Garber
Big Mush Happy Lump: Sarah's Scribbles - Sarah Andersen

The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas
A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas
The Hating Game - Sally Thorne

Giant Days Vol. 4 - John Allison, et al.
All Grown Up - Jami Attenberg
Our Chemical Hearts - Krystal Sutherland

It Happens All the Time - Amy Hatvany (Technically finished on April 1st, but whatever!)

Man, I wish I could say I had a favorite book from this month but....I'M KIDDING IT'S A COURT OF MIST AND FURY WHICH HAS RUINED MY LIFE AND TURNED ME INTO TRASH. This was actually a pretty good month overall. Started strong with Caraval, which I really enjoyed (surprisingly, since I often struggle with fantasy) and the please-read-now-so-good-and-important The Hate U Give. But ACOMAF came along and nearly ruined me with a massive hangover that I cured with The Hating Game which was SO GOOD Y'ALL and then I really was ruined. Truthfully, though, the only weak link in the list above was Our Chemical Hearts. Everything else ranged from extremely enjoyable to absolutely incredible!

Books I Bought


The Careful Undressing of Love - Corey Ann Haydu
Goodbye Days - Jeff Zentner
Big Mushy Happy Lump - Sarah Andersen
Giant Days Vol. 4 - John Allison, et al


I guess All Grown Up kind of counts, as it was my first ever Book of the Month pick!
If you're interested in checking out Book of the Month, which I'm so excited to have finally joined, let me know so I can set you up with my referral link (you'll get your first month for $1!!). 


I'm doing really well with backing off on physical books. Well, by my standards. 4? And two of them were comics? *patsselfonback*

eBooks I Bought

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - Emily M. Danforth (still on sale at post time!)
Something in Between - Melissa De La Cruz
Cream of the Crop - Alice Clayton
The Animal Under the Fur - E.J. Mellow


Again, pretty proud at how I held back! I didn't spend more than $3 on any of these books. Love me a good eBook deal!

Challenges



Goodreads Challenge: 27/100
Litsy A to Z: 16/26
Litsy Reading Challenge: 7/25
TBR Tackle: 1/9 


Goodreads is still going strong and I'm 2 ahead of schedule as I write this. I know that comics and graphic novels really help push me ahead, but that's why I made the goal so big in the first place: to accommodate the shorter reads! Also, ACOMAF is over 600 pages and I'm really excited that I read that and still had time for 6 other novels!

I've noticed that Litsy A to Z is kind of hard to do accidentally. I'll finish a book and look at my list and see that I already have a book marked in that letter. Caraval and ACOMAF got me two spots, both of which are for the authors last names (G and M). 

The LRC isn't priority because I'm really trying to read books that I enjoy and that don't feel like assignments. That being said, there are books I have in mind for multiple prompts. I just don't want to read them yet.

ACOMAF is the only TBR Tackle, because I've had it since last May. Man, I talk about ACOMAF a lot. #srynotsry

Not sure what I want to kick off the month with because there are so many books that I want to read and I can't seem to pinpoint the mood I'm in (cutesy contemporary? angsty slice-of-life? engaging fantasy?). Hopefully, whatever I pick up next will be good! 

Here's to another great month of reading!

Comments