Goals for 2018!

I had a conversation with my husband recently about the futility of New Year's resolutions. Why wait until the new year to change something? A person can make a decision to start (or stop) doing something at any point in time. This month, this week, this day, this hour. But I like to think of the New Year like many others do: a blank slate. Just like Thanksgiving serves as a time to reflect on being grateful (though we should be all the time!), New Year's is an opportunity to think of what we want for our lives in the future.



That was a really deep intro for my reading goals (and how they affect my life!) for this year.

 Blog More


I should actually just call this write more. I'm one of many readers who has a novel inside of them, but I never sit down and WRITE IT. I also have more than 40 post drafts, most of them finished, on Blogger that I've never published. I just want to get over the hurdle of self-doubt and share my love of reading and writing with the world (or just myself and whatever space I choose on the internet). 

 Read 110 Books


My Goodreads challenge is the biggest one I've done yet. Despite last year being a bit hectic, I still managed to finish my challenge with a couple of days to spare. This number might seem large to a lot of people, but I consider poetry and comic books as part of my challenge, and those are things I read in a quick sitting. I'll always be a bedtime reader, but I'd like to spend a chunk of quiet time reading instead of worrying how late it's getting or losing myself in the abyss of my iPhone.

Read more "adult" books.

Age ain't nothin' but a number and I am a hardcore YA reader. Last year, I pretty much stayed within that age group, and I have no problems with that. But there are a lot of books on the other side of the bookstore and the library that I truly want to read. I have a lot of books that I've been neglecting simply because they aren't in the YA age group and it makes me nervous. So silly. Gonna fix this!

Read What I Own

I've accepted the fact that book buying bans are not possible for me. That being said, I have so many awesome books on my shelf (both the physical shelf and the Kindle shelf) that deserve to be read! There are also some I should probably part ways with...ones that I bought on a whim but no longer have interest in. We'll see. Regardless, I want to remember to SHOP MY OWN SHELVES!

Do a Read-a-Thon

I've seen so many read-a-thons pop up on social media. Things like 24 in 48 or Dewey's. But there's nothing like watching Zoe's readathons on YouTube. Zoe chooses her own time to do a readthon and then films herself reading the whole day. She often reads a 2-3 books (though she read all 1000+ pages of IT during one of them!). Basically, it looks like the most fun a bookish nerd like me could have! Be a night owl, live on coffee, and read a bunch of books? Um...yeah. You got me. I don't know when this will happen, especially since I work Saturdays and that gives me a little less time to recuperate...but it's happening!




And that's it...for now! What are your bookish goals for the year? 
And since I want to blog more...hopefully, I'll see you soon!

Comments