WWW Wednesday - 10/24/18

The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently Reading

 

The two books I'm currently reading are both out of my typical wheelhouse. Sawkill Girls is a YA horror/supernatural/magical realism novel about a place where girls keep mysteriously disappearing (that's an extremeeeeeeemly vague synopsis) and Paperback Crush is a non-fiction (I pretty much never read non-fic, save for the occasional celeb memoir) about the boom of YA novels (think Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High) in the 80s and 90s and how they have shaped readers and the publishing landscape. I'm enjoying both books for totally different reasons and I hope to finish Sawkill Girls today!

Recently Finished

 

I finished Girl Made of Stars, which I was reading last Wednesday, and it was incredible.
5 stars. Highly recommend. I also read Tahereh Mafi's last book, A Very Large Expanse of Sea. It was fun to read Mafi's first contemporary and I have a review here if you're interested!

Reading Next


Though it's not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, Sawkill Girls is still a creepy, heavy, dark book exploring some intense themes, and I know I'm going to want something light and fun to read after. The first thing that popped into my head was Maurene Goo! Since You Asked is her debut novel, so I'm curious to read this having adored her most recent books. I think Goo's humor is excellent on the page (a hard task, honestly) so I would love something that will make me giggle. As always, do not be surprised if this doesn't happen.

Comments

  1. Paperback Crush looks absolutely perfect! I'm participating in non-fiction November and this looks ideal. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend! It’s easy to devour and is sooo nostalgic!

      Delete

Post a Comment