Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR


There's something about winter, and the holidays specifically, that makes me want to devour all of the books. I guess it's the fact that I have a nice block of days off in a row and feel like I could easily fill my time (never mind the fact that I have something planned for all of those days...) with reading. Here is a list of books I would like to read in the next few cold and blustery months.

1. Verity - Colleen Hoover

I am a massive Colleen Hoover fan. She's an auto-buy author for me and I gobble everything that she writes. However, Verity is something completely different for her: a psychological thriller. And people keep tossing words like "disturbing" and phrases like "WTF" around when they talk about it. My delicate soul is terrified to read this (especially since Too Late, another independently published work of hers that didn't fit her Atria oeuvre and shook me to my core), but I have a plan. I am going to choose one of my full free days to cuddle on the couch with a giant cup of coffee and read the damn thing in ONE SITTING. 

2. Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare

I finished my TMI/TID binge back in 2016 when this book was initially released. I have all intentions of finishing the Shadowhunter Academy stories before I dive in but now that the third and final book in The Dark Artifices, I need to get a move on and the binge is real with this one. I love being able to complete a series/trilogy without waiting. This is a must for the wintry months.

3. The Afterlife of Holly Chase - Cynthia Hand

My book twin and Instagram bestie Meredith recently posted a photo of this book and that was enough to clinch the deal that I'd be reading this before Christmas! It's a modern day (and seemingly snarky from the first couple of pages I read) retelling of A Christmas Carol. I immediately requested it from the library and I plan on it being my next book!

4. Us Against You - Fredrik Backman

At the beginning of the year, I read Beartown and absolutely adored it. I got the sequel for my birthday in May but still haven't read it...reading about a hockey town feels more appropriate for the winter anyway.

5. Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty

I picked Moriarty's most recent as my November Book of the Month and it's been a minute since I read one of her books...I miss her! It's massive, but I'm excited to dive in. I'm keeping my expectations low because I love Big Little Lies so damn much and don't want to do her latest a disservice with comparisons.

6. Our Year of Maybe - Rachel Lynn Solomon

I enjoyed Solomon's debut, You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, and I'm excited about her latest book, which I already have preordered (it comes out Jan. 15!). I've seen nothing but good reviews so far and I love an angsty YA.

7. Famous in a Small Town - Emma Mills

Like many other YA readers, Mills has become a go-to author when I need a pick-me-up. She writes genuinely funny YA contemporaries that have great friend groups and sweet romances. I was fortunate enough to be approved for her latest (also coming out Jan. 15) through Netgalley and I'm excited to beat the winter blues with this one.

8. The Immortalists - Chloe Benjamin

I feel like this has been a quietly hyped book and I finally caved and bought it in the summer...still haven't read it! I really want to pick up more adult literary fiction, so this fits the bill!

9. 99 Percent Mine - Sally Thorne

I loved The Hating Game, which I read as a hangover cure for my first ACOMAF read-through...funny enough, it left me just as hungover because I adored it so much! I started it after a pretty crazy snow storm and I feel like I just associate her work with cold now...not a bad thing. Hot reads for chilly nights!

10. More Than We Can Tell - Brigid Kemmerer

The first book I read last year was Letters to the Lost and I have been meaning to pick up this companion novel since it was released. I was lucky enough to snag a Kindle deal (which is what I did with LttL so they match!) and so I hope to read this ASAP.

What's on your Winter TBR?

Comments