Bookish Resolutions 2019



I'm not one for resolutions, but I love the clean slate of a new year and all of the potential that comes with it. To be fair, I think we are all capable of changing our lives at any time...not just when society suggests we should. But as a dreamer and a (very light) planner, I love thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. Here we go...


Read 100 Books

I start a new job on Monday and I am fully aware that this can change the way I read. For instance, I have had an hour lunch break for the last four years and I won't have that luxury this time, so I'm going to lose that extra chunk of time. That said, reading is forever a priority and my evenings and weekends are free, so it's not like I'm losing that much time. I'm trying to be realistic, though it is sad to go from beating my goal of 110 books to lowering it a teensy bit. I've been known to tweak my goals if I feel that they are easy, though, so there is always room for change here.

Blog!

I say this every year and I'm terrible at it, but having prompts like Top Ten Tuesday and WWW Wednesday gives me a bit more inspo to blog. I'm also notorious for writing up a post and then never publishing it because I worry that it's crap. Well...not anymore...I hope.

Mindful Book Buying/Borrowing

In the past, I've been notorious for buying a ton of books (many of which I haven't read) or borrowing books from the library (and returning many of which I haven't read). I will never stop buying books...it's just not gonna happen. But I want to be more mindful of what I choose to purchase. If I'm not sure I'm going to like the book, I'll have to be patient and wait to borrow it. If I borrow a book from the library, I have to be responsible enough to read it within the time frame I've given instead of renewing it a ton of times only to return it un-read anyway.


Keeping a Log

I received the Book Riot Read Harder book log this Christmas and I can't wait to put it to use. Though I was initially worried that it focused more on the Read Harder prompts, it has plenty of space for all of my everyday reading and I'm so excited to get started! Also, it takes a lot of the heavy lifting I was initially going to do with a regular notebook. As stated above, I work best with a prompt!


Incentives

For the last couple of years, I've put a dollar into a jar each time that I have finished a book. It's one of my favorite little ways to celebrate the accomplishment and have a little extra money on the side. I've been contemplating upping the amount based on certain criteria, like an extra dollar for each year that I've owned a book or maybe $5 for longer books.

What are your reading resolutions for 2019?

Comments