Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read in 2018...But Didn't!



Books I meant to read in 2018...you mean, every book I didn't read in 2018? Lists like this are always hard to narrow down, but I'm giving it a try today.

1. All American Boys - Jason Reynolds & Brendan Kiely

Near the end of 2017, I read Long Way Down and was blown away. I started to build a little collection of Jason Reynolds's books (and that man is PROLIFIC) but, of course, I haven't read a single one of them. I hope to rectify this a few times over, but I can see myself grabbing All American Boys first.

2. Legendary - Stephanie Garber

Caraval was one of my favorite 2017 reads and it actually led me to read the book of my heart, A Court of Mist and Fury. I credit it to opening my eyes a bit more to fantasy and yet I have not read the sequel yet! I have it sittin' pretty on my shelf, and I fully intend to read it this year, especially since the trilogy ends this spring!

3. We Are Okay - Nina LaCour

Guys, this book was released in February of 2017 and I pre-ordered it and STILL HAVEN'T READ IT. I don't know what I'm doing with myself. It's not even a long book. I've moved it back and forth from my immediate TBR soooo many times. Well, no longer. It's going down this year...it should honestly go down next month since it will officially be 2 years in my library without having been read. 

4. What If It's Us - Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli

This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2018, but I'll admit that some of the negative reviews (and my disappointment with Leah on the Offbeat) has been holding me back. Now that some time has passed between the initial release and hype, I think I'll be able to dig into this soon.

5. Save the Date - Morgan Matson

Much like What If It's Us, Save the Date was highly anticipated by me! I adore Morgan Matson's work. That said, she also writes MASSIVE BOOKS that sometimes feel daunting to pick up and I just couldn't seem to get myself to sit down with it this past summer. Her books are good for the summer months, so I'm looking forward to crushing this come June.

6. How to Make a Wish - Ashley Herring Blake

This was a book I bought on Kindle deal and realized quickly after that it was written by the same author as Girl Made of Stars, a book I was super interested in checking out (and have since checked out and loved). Being a sort of weird reader, I thought I'd start with Blake's earlier books and build up to her newer releases...well, I skipped this one completely...oops. 

7. I Have Lost My Way - Gayle Forman

When I first got into YA contemporary, Gayle Forman was a go-to. I looked forward to everything she released. She did drop off for a moment after Just One Year, so it was easy to get distracted by so many other incredible authors, but I preordered this and need to read it!

8. The Nowhere Girls - Amy Reed

I tried to read this a couple of months ago, but it felt so heavy at the time and I wasn't ready. I will be rectifying that this year!

9. This Is How It Always Is - Laurie Frankel

I got this book as a Kindle deal well before Reese Witherspoon announced it for her book club because it sounded so interesting (not saying that to brag, saying that to show my accountability for owning this since the end of 2017 and still not reading it, even after its paperback release and Reese stamp of approval). I've heard nothing but good things and have no real excuse as for why I haven't read it other than distraction by other books.

10. Starfish - Akemi Dawn Bowman

Bowman's sophomore book was released last year but I haven't even read her first book yet and, yes, I own it. Sensing a theme? 

Truth: I own all of the books listed above and they are just collecting dust. Such is the life of a book hoarder.

What are some books that you meant to read last year?

Comments