Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019!



New year, new releases! It is always so exciting when a release date gets closer and closer. Here are some of the books I'm super excited to get into during the first 6 months of the year! 

1. Our Year of Maybe - Rachel Lynn Solomon 

I really enjoyed Solomon's debut novel You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, and so I'm so excited that she has a bunch of releases lined up for the next couple of years. I feel like she is poised to be a new favorite writer of angsty YA fiction for me. 

2. 99 Percent Mine - Sally Thorne (1/29/19)

Like many others, I adored The Hating Game and I'm excited to see what else Sally Thorne has up her sleeves. I am hoping I have a new auto-buy author on my hands here!

3. On the Come Up - Angie Thomas (2/5/19)

I can't imagine the pressure Angie Thomas is with her sophomore book after the continued success of her first book The Hate U Give, which I read when it came out last year and really enjoyed. I initially wasn't sure if I was going to preorder this one, but Kirkus gave it a starred review and I'd like to support her as she continues to write up a storm and take over the world.

4. Tell Me Everything - Sarah Enni (2/26/19)

This year I got into First Draft, a podcast where Sarah Enni talks with authors (98% YA) about their writing lives and how they got into the biz and what inspires them. It's a true delight. Enni has been a writer for years and her debut is finally hitting the shelves in February! I don't know a ton about it, just that it's a YA contemporary and that it focuses on social media a lot...I just really like her show and want to support her!

5. Rayne and Delilah's Midnite Matinee - Jeff Zentner (2/26/19)

Zentner has become an auto-buy author for me with both The Serpent King and Goodbye Days, and his latest sounds like a real treat and has some good buzz stirring around it!

6. Daisy Jones & the Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid (3/5/19)

Since her turn to historical fiction with The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Reid's career seems to be blossoming. Though this book doesn't come out until March, she's already been on a promotional tour and the book is being promoted heavily on Goodreads. I was lucky enough to get approved for an ARC, so I'll probably dive into this before its release date. Curious to see if it lives up to the hype!

7. When the Sky Fell on Splendor - Emily Henry (3/12/19)

Though her debut had me thoroughly confused (time travel is not my forte), I adoreeeeed A Million Junes and I'm really excited to check out Emily Henry's next book, which appears to be about aliens and strange occurrences and powers and stuff...again, not my usual cup of tea, but I loved Henry's writing enough to check this one out for sure!

8. Serious Moonlight - Jenn Bennett (4/16/19)

I adore Jenn Bennett's cute, witty, sex-positive contemporary romances and I'm so excited to check this one out! If you haven't read any of her books and love authors like Morgan Matson, give her a go.

9. With the Fire on High - Elizabeth Acevado (5/7/19)

I really enjoyed Acevedo's debut The Poet X and I'm not alone: the novel-in-verse won the National Book Award for Young Person's Literature this year and it is well-deserved. This novel is not in verse (slightly disappointed TBH), but it is about a teen mom who loves to cook and I have been searching for books about teen pregnancy and motherhood...something we desperately need more of in the world!

10. Again, But Better - Christine Riccio (5/7/19)

It's funny that this is the last book on the list because it is my number one anticipated book of the year! Christine (Polandbananasbooks) is my favorite booktuber and I have had so much fun watching her writing videos and I can't believe this is finally going to be a real book in my hands in such a short time! 

Comments

  1. we have 6 books in common! i'm especially anticipating again, but better, rayne & delilahs and when the sky fell!! there are SO MANY good new releases coming out this spring and my bank account is going to suffer. great list! c:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment