February Wrap Up!

A new month begins tomorrow, so that means it's time for my February wrap up!

My whole month revolved around reading the Shadowhunter Chronicles. Unlike January, where I got to read some other stuff before starting the series, I have only read books from The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. As I write this, I'm about 20% done with the final book in TMI, so I will be free to read all kinds of things when I've finished! That's not to say that I'm not enjoying myself. I am, and I will be doing a spoiler-free overview of my thoughts and feels on the books as soon as I can. I just miss picking books at random and meeting different characters. It's been a very different experience for me, but I've learned from it (that sounds cheesy but it's true!). Even with my focus on one author/series, I'm still ahead on my Goodreads challenge by 4 books, so that's awesome.

Books read this month:
Clockwork Angel

City of Fallen Angels
Clockwork Prince                       

City of Lost Souls
Clockwork Princess

(All books written by Cassandra Clare.)


Once again, I don't really have a favorite book this month, but I really enjoyed The Infernal Devices (Clockwork ___) trilogy. It was a step outside of the box for me and I'm pretty excited about that.
As always, you can find full, spoilery reviews on my Goodreads (I always hide spoilers, so you won't see them unless you click to reveal them)!


Books I Bought This Month:
Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
The Secret History
- Donna Tartt

He Will Be My Ruin - K.A. Tucker
The Bane Chronicles - Cassandra Clare/Sarah Rees Brennan/Maureen Johnson
We Are the Ants - Shaun David Hutchinson
These Vicious Masks - Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
What We Saw - Aaron Hartzler
Sweet Filthy Boy - Christina Lauren
Pride and Prejudice (Vintage Classics edition) - Jane Austen
The Impossible Knife of Memory - Laurie Halse Anderson
When We Were Animals - Joshua Gaylord
Fly on the Wall - E. Lockhart
The Bone Clocks - David Mitchell
The Shadowhunter's Codex - Cassandra Clare/Joshua Lewis

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas
Beautiful Secret - Christina Lauren
The Probability of Miracles - Wendy Wunder
 


*The last 8 books were all purchased from Book Outlet, but I could only link a few since their inventory fluctuates and some were no longer available on the site.*



I'm well aware that I bought an absurdly large amount of phys. books this month. My reasoning is a combo of tax return and some great sales on Book Outlet. There's also the fact that I have zero chill when I get excited about a book. The list above is what I ordered and received/actually have in my possession this month. That means there are several books that I've purchased but have yet to receive in the mail so...yeah. Oops.

eBooks I bought this month:Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
Extraordinary Means - Robyn Schneider
My Heart and Other Black Holes - Jasmine Warga
Fans of the Impossible Life - Kate Scelsa 
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender - Leslye Walton   Asking For It - Lilah Pace
Veronika Decides to Die - Paulo Coelho
The Meaning of Maggie - Megan Jean Sovern 
Sweet Thing - Renee Carlino

I'm looking for a pattern in my book buying this past month, seeing if there was anything of particular interest. I definitely opened my mind to some historical fiction and fantasy and there are several books in the pile that cover some pretty intense topics (suicide, terminal illness, rape to name a few), though I didn't really do it on purpose. I've just heard great things about a lot of the books. I think I did a nice mix of YA and adult.

In terms of this year's challenges:

Goodreads Challenge
: 12/50 (24% done for the year...maybe I should increase my goal?)

Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: Right now I'm going with 3/26, as The Infernal Devices are Historical Fiction taking place before the 1900s. Once I'm done with CC's books, I'll be able to dig a bit deeper into this challenge.

 Phew. Considering February is the shortest month, even when it's a leap year, I feel like I did a lot of reading. I'm excited to branch out and explore my books for my Read Harder challenge! 

How are y'all doin' on your book challenges or goals?

Comments