July Wrap Up!

Okay, summer needs to slooooooooow down. I cannot believe that it is already August! 

Books Read in July



Something New: Tales From a Makeshift Bride - Lucy Knisley (Review)
First Comes Love - Emily Giffin (Review)

The Loose Ends List - Carrie Firestone (Review)
Vinegar Girl - Anne Tyler (Review)
Gena/Finn - Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson (Goodreads Review)
Forever, Interrupted - Taylor Jenkins Reid (Review)
Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins

It felt like a slow reading month. There was a good several days where I'd pick up a book, read a few sentences (or even a few chapters) but not be able to get into it. Slumps are the worst

If I had to pick a favorite this past month, it would be The Loose Ends List

Books I Bought



Dreamology - Lucy Keating
I'll Meet You There - Heather Demetrios
Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge - Paul Krueger
Losing Hope - Colleen Hoover


I had a gift card and I was feeling kinda bummed, so I bought myself a few books. Yeah, bans don't work for me.

eBooks I Bought

Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
The Hypnotist's Love Story - Liane Moriarty
Roses and Rot - Kat Howard


Just a few eBooks this month, all of them between $2-$4. 

Challenge Updates

Goodreads Challenge: 59/100
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 8/26
TBR Tackle: 2/7

I'm still doing well on my Goodreads challenge, about 2 books ahead of schedule. The Read Harder challenge has been, not surprisingly, a bit harder for me to do. I read one book for the challenge in July, a children's book called Mr. Putter and Tabby Write a Book, that I used for the "Read a book out loud to someone else" prompt. I had read it at the library and adored it, so I thought I would share it with my boyfriend by reading it to him. It was actually kind of fun!

As for the TBR Tackle...whoops. Like I said, I had a hard time getting into books. So I only read 2 books that I previously owned, 1 I received for a review, and the rest were all library books! Still, the 2 books I read from my shelves were both purchased last year, so I like that I knocked out some "older" ones. 

July didn't go as planned (used the wire basket again and only read one of the books I had originally placed in there), but that kind of stuff happens. I'm hoping August will be less slumpy! 

How was your reading month? 

Comments