August Wrap Up!



I'm writing this on September 1st and I can't believe we are 2/3 done with 2016! I'm at the kitchen table with the window open and the nicest breeze is blowing in. As much as I love summer and the freedom that always seems to come along with it, it has been a scorcher and it's been tough to focus. I'm ready for some brisk days!

Books Read in August

It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover (Review)
Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell
The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty
Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
Every Exquisite Thing - Matthew Quick (Review)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules - Jeff Kinney
My Best Friend's Exorcism - Grady Hendrix
The Leaving - Tara Altebrando (Review)
Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 - Noelle Stevenson, Sharon Watters, et al
The Distance Between Us - Kasie West


I'm surprised to see 10 titles on this list. In fact, I forgot about some of these books!
Aside from the latest CoHo, nothing really stuck with me. Not my favorite reading month.


Books I Bought

It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover
Swear on This Life - Renee Carlino
Paper Girls, Vol. 1 - Brian K. Vaughan
The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo - Amy Schumer
Furthermore - Tahereh Mafi


All but Paper Girls were pre-orders! No binge buys here this month!

eBooks I Bought


You Will Know Me - Megan Abbott
Good as Gone - Amy Gentry


I got great deals on two of the big thrillers of the summer! Both of these books were $3 each and have been released within the last couple of months, which is awesome! I'm especially excited about Abbott's book. I adored The Fever!

Challenge Updates

Goodreads Challenge: 70/100
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 10/26
TBR Tackle : 0


GR is still going smoothly. I'm currently 3 books ahead of schedule. I'm always happy to be ahead and I'm super glad that I upped my challenge number to 100. It makes me feel less guilty for having comics, graphic novels, and novellas in the mix (which I believe should count!). I'm happy to have tackled a couple more titles for my Read Harder challenge, but I've left a lot of the difficult ones for the year's remainder. What I did accomplish this month was "Middle Grade Novel" (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and "Story under 100 pages" (Kindred Spirits). As for the TBR Tackle...eek. This was a big plan I had for the summer and it did not go well. Aside from my pre-orders, I'm really hoping to "shop" my shelf more! 

Overall, this was not my favorite or best month, but I am still pleased that I managed to get some reading done considering how completely distracted I was for most of August. I'm ready to get cozy and do lots of reading this fall! 

How was your August? 
 

Comments