September Wrap Up!

Fall is officially here! I've had my first Pumpkin Spice coffee, the days have majorly cooled off, and I've put away my summer clothes. October is undoubtedly one of my favorite months of the year; there's always so much to do and see and experience and the foliage is ridiculously beautiful. I have a thing for transitional months, I've noticed (May is another for me!). Anyway, we're not here to gab about the beauty of Autumn. Let's talk about books!



Books Read in September

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo - Amy Schumer
What Happens Now - Jennifer Castle (Review)
Every Last Word - Tamara Ireland Stone (Review)
Even When You Lie to Me - Jessica Alcott
Firsts - Laurie Elizabeth Flynn


Definitely not one of my stronger months. Five books, the majority of which were average, 3-Star reads for me. I'm bummed to be behind and hoping to fix that ASAP. 

Books I Bought

What Happens Now - Jennifer Castle
Nightmares! The Lost Lullaby - Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller

Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo

Aside from WHN, the only other books I bought were preorders. I've been pretty good at keeping the book buying to a minimum, especially when it comes to spontaneous, binge-y purchases.

eBooks I Bought

How Not to Fall - Emily Foster
I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh

The Goal - Elle Kennedy

Slow month for eBooks, too. I nabbed the top two books for under $3, and I had to get The Goal because I love Kennedy's Off-Campus series!

Challenge Updates

Goodreads Challenge: 75/100
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 10/26

TBR Tackle:

I've come to terms with the fact that I probably won't be completing the Read Harder challenge. Considering I'm having a hard time reading books that would usually interest me, I don't know if I'll be stepping out of the box anytime soon. I'm not going to put pressure on myself.

As for the GR challenge, I'm currently "right on track", which is kind of a bummer since I've been a good couple of books ahead most of the year. I'm hoping "right on track" doesn't lead to "two books behind schedule"...fingers crossed! 

The only book I read this month that I already owned was Every Last Word, and that was in eBook format. I'm not sure if it should count, since I'm thinking about my physical shelves more than my Kindle shelves. Regardless, I've had that book for about a year and it felt good to finally read it and cross it off the ol' TBR.

Overall, this wasn't my best reading month. I've been busy and distracted, which is largely why I haven't read as much, but I also haven't been reading books that have blown me away or kept me captivated. I really hope I can find some great books to dive into this month!  

Comments