February Wrap Up!

February is the shortest month, so there it is no surprise that it went so fast. I feel like I didn't do as much reading as I would've liked, and I didn't really have many favorites this month, but I'm still on track!


Books I Read

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
Dreamology - Lucy Keating
Sisters - Raina Telgemeier
The Serpent King - Jeff Zentner
Cherry - Lindsay Rosin
A List of Cages - Robin Roe
The ABCs of Adulthood - Deborah Copaken
Ghosts - Raina Telgemeier

Yup, a pretty small month for me, especially since both Telgemeier's were quick reads and ABCs is mostly a little picture book of wisdom (even though it took me a while to read it since it wasn't a priority). My favorite read of the month is probably A List of Cages with The Serpent King very close behind.

Books I Bought

We Are Okay - Nina LaCour
Caraval - Stephanie Garber
The Hating Game - Sally Thorne
The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas

eBooks I Bought

Not If I See You First - Eric Lindstrom
The Bees - Laline Paull
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
A Darker Shade of Magic - V.E. Schwab
Undecided & Undeclared - Julianna Keyes
Dumplin' - Julie Murphy

(I read Simon last year via the library but when I saw the eBook on sale for $2, I had to grab it because I thought it was absolutely adorable and I'd love to read it again sometime!)

I think I'm doing a pretty good job in cutting back on book buying. Okay, maybe I did a few more eBooks than necessary but it is so hard to pass up those deals! I love knowing that if all I had was my Kindle, I'd be set with tons of books (many of which I forget about buying...oops!).

Challenges!



Goodreads Challenge: 18/100
Litsy A to Z: 14/26
Litsy Reading Challenge: 6/25
TBR Tackle: 2/8 (Thirteen Reasons Why and Dreamology, both purchased last summer)

The Goodreads challenge is going well, and I'm currently 2 books ahead of schedule. I'm more than halfway done with the A to Z challenge, which I'm paying attention to but isn't a time-constrained priority. I had to do a new Bingo card because I lost the other one, and I've tackled 2 more prompts since last month (okay, one was assigning the Free Space to a book, but still).

Overall, I'm pretty pleased, especially since there were several days that I know I didn't pick up a book. I'm hoping to fix that, though, especially since there are so many amazing books coming out lately! 

Here's to another great month of reading!

Comments