June Wrap Up!

We've made it to July! The year is halfway over and I can't even believe it. Summer has really just started but I'm scared it is going to run away from me. Hopefully the next couple of months will involve a lot of leisurely reading by the pool. 


Books Read in June

When We Collided - Emery Lord (Review)
More Happy Than Not - Adam Silvera (Review)
What We Saw - Aaron Hartzler (Review) (Book Outlet)
The Vacationers - Emma Straub (Book Outlet)
Sleeping Giants (Audiobook) - Sylvain Neuvel
This Song Will Save Your Life - Leila Sales (Book Outlet)
Modern Lovers - Emma Straub (Review)
A Study in Charlotte - Brittany Cavallaro
Sweet Filthy Boy - Christina Lauren 

I am really proud of the amount of books I read in June. For someone who constantly worries that their in a slump, I really proved myself wrong!

I'm also terribly behind on reviews. I need to work on that.

*I decided to add Book Outlet links for anything you can find on there at a great price. Unfortunately, the stock fluctuates so the links might eventually be useless.

Books I Bought

Every Exquisite Thing - Matthew Quick
A Study in Charlotte - Brittany Cavallaro
Unbecoming - Jenny Downham
Everything I Never Told You - Celeste Ng (Book Outlet)
Days of Awe - Lauren Fox (Book Outlet)
Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library - Chris Grabenstein (Book Outlet)
Know Your Beholder: A Novel - Adam Rapp (Book Outlet)
Tonight the Streets Are Ours - Leila Sales (Book Outlet)
The F- It List - Julie Halpern (Book Outlet)
TTFN - Lauren Myracle
Instructions For a Heatwave - Maggie O'Farrell



Oh, and a billion books from a couple of used book sales that I don't feel like listing but that you can see in the photo above! Clearly, I had no self-restraint this month. Most of the books listed above were from a great summer sale on BookOutlet and I just couldn't pass it up, especially finally grabbing a paperback copy of Everything I Never Told You, which has been in and out of stock on the site for a while.

eBooks I Bought

Marrow - Tarryn Fisher
Lily and the Octopus - Steven Rowley

eBook buying wasn't a priority this month. To be honest, the daily deals did nothing for me, except for the Lily and the Octopus score. The book, which has only been out for about a month and has some excellent reviews, was only $1.99! (As of 7/1 it still is, but that can change quickly so hurry up!)

Challenge Updates

Goodreads Challenge: 52/100
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 7/26
TBR Tackle: 5/9

The Goodreads Challenge is going well. I'm glad I upped the number because, well, I'm already past my initial goal! I'm still coming out ahead which is nice. As for the Read Harder challenge...I'm stuck. A lot of the topics on the list are for books that are gonna be a little bit more out of my comfort zone, but that's kind of the point. I really hope to increase this number a bit. 

As for the TBR Tackle, which I discussed in this post, I think this will be fun! Basically, any book from my shelf that was purchased before May of this year will count towards the tackle. I don't have an exact number of how many books are on the shelves, but I will show how many of the books I read per month fit the bill. In this case, the majority were books I've had on the shelves for at least a few months. In terms of "buying bans", you can see that it didn't work out. And I'm not going to beat myself up over it. 

In June, I started a new thing where I put the books I intend to read in a wire basket on my nightstand. I grabbed a bunch at random and I added some along the way as I finished others. I've never been one for set TBRs, but I like how this helped narrow my options in terms of tackling my own shelves. I might never have read The Vacationers or This Song Will Save Your Life if I hadn't put them there. I have a new batch in the basket and I'm ready!

How did your reading month go?





Comments