Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List

Time to round up another Top TenI'm in love with this week's prompt and I'm excited to share some of my anticipated reads with you! 



1. Without Merit - Colleen Hoover

Though this list isn't really meant to be in any sort of order from most to least important, CoHo's new book is definitely my most anticipated read. I have heard very little about this book, aside from the fact that it's a bit more YA than her usual fare. Regardless, I know the book will be compulsively readable, funny, and heartbreaking...just like all of her others.

2. They Both Die at the End - Adam Silvera

I LOVE ADAM SILVERA! I was lucky enough to see him on an incredible panel (with Leigh Bardugo, E. Lockart, and Jennifer E. Smith) at BookCon and meet him/have my books signed. He's adorable and so sweet and none of this actually matters in regards to the book, but I still think it's worth mentioning. Anyyyyywayyyyy, I love Silvera's books and I am so ready for whatever heartbreak is coming my way. He has talked openly about his fear of death (aren't we all scared?) and I'm excited to see how he explores the topic. 

3. Otherworld - Jason Segel and Kiersten Miller

Here's a fun fact about me: I LOVE JASON SEGEL. He's basically my main celebrity crush and I love pretty much all of his work (How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite shows of all time). Despite having owned Nightmares!, his middle-grade series, for a few years now, I still haven't read them. But this new one, which explores virtual reality (I think) and is geared towards a YA audience, has me pumped. I preordered it the moment I found out about it!

4. Turtles All the Way Down - John Green

I almost completely forgot about this book, because it seriously popped out of nowhere and hasn't been talked about much on Bookstagram. But we have a new John Green book, you guys. It's important to remember that, though TFiOS was a big deal for a few years, it came out in 2012. So this book is 5 years after people have been scrambling for more. I'll admit that I'm a bit nervous. J. Green opened the door to contemporary YA fiction for me in my 20s and, because of it, I've been exposed to so many amazing authors. During this 5 year gap, I have fallen in love with much more realistic characters and dialogue (I sometimes think his is a bit over-the-top). I hope this doesn't mean I won't enjoy his latest book.

5. Autoboyography - Christina Lauren

Christina Lauren write a lot of books, but I've only read one of them. I am hoping to dive into more of their sexy NA stuff soon, but I just can't deny how much more excited I am to read their first foray into YA and M/M romance! The concept, about teens at a writers seminar, also happens to check a ton of my boxes, so I think this will be a really fun read!

6. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins

I really enjoyed The Girl on the Train and I'm super curious about Hawkins's second book. I haven't heard much about it. Spoilers have been easy to avoid and no one seems to love it or hate it (though I've consistently heard that it has a lot of perspectives and that it gets confusing), so that has helped keep me in the dark, which will make the mystery much more fun to read.

7. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzi Lee

I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I really want to read it! That being said, historical fiction isn't one of my strong points, so I'm a little nervous. However, the humor and romance sound like it would make for a compelling story that won't confuse me or bore me, and I'd love to expand my horizons in this way!

8. The Lying Game - Ruth Ware

I've read Ware's previous two books and enjoyed them enough to keep her as an author on my radar. There isn't as much hype around it as there was with In a Dark, Dark Wood or The Woman in Cabin 10 but I really enjoy her writing and I also love books about teenage friendships that go dark, as this seems to do.

9. The Grisha Trilogy - Leigh Bardugo

So, I already read and finished S&B and enjoyed it enough to grab the 2nd and 3rd books in the trilogy (sidebar: they've recently been reprinted and are G O R G E O U S). I started #2 but being immersed in a fantasy is difficult for me on a good day...my mind has been on wedding planning and I've been zoning out a lot, so I'm excited to give this the full attention it deserves (and maybe dive into Six of Crows!) once the wedding is over.

10. Goodbye Days - Jeff Zentner

I've had this book in my TBR rotation since I first got it in March but still haven't read it. I don't know why I keep putting it off (heavy subject matter?) but I know that I want to read it before the year ends!!

See any books you've read and enjoyed? 
Did I forget any awesome books being released this season? Let me know!



Comments