May Wrap Up!

May is one of my favorite months. I'm kind of biased because my birthday is on the 19th, but there are many other reasons: things are finally in bloom, summer is right around the corner, shorts and skirts and sundresses are acceptable again. Plenty to love!

Though I do love the month, I have noticed that there's something about this time of year that gets me all slumpy. It happened last year, too! I don't know what it is, but a lot of my fellow Bookstagrammers seem to be going through it, too. My Saturday shifts get shorter for the summer in June and I have a little beach getaway planned, so I feel like that might give me the time and fresh air I need to breathe a little more life into my reading. 



Onto the wrap up!

Books Read in May
Made You Up  - Francesca Zappia (Review)
The Evil We Love & Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #5 & #6) - Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman

The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson (Review)
Tell Me Three Things - Julie Buxbaum (Review)

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas (Review)
Wink Poppy Midnight - April Genevieve Tucholke (Review)

He Will Be My Ruin - K.A. Tucker (Review to come)

I think my favorite read of May was The Unexpected Everything. It was such a fun, summery read!

Books I Bought This Month
The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson
Summer Days and Summer Nights - Various
Highly Illogical Behavior - John Corey Whaley

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas
Birthday Presents!
When We Collided
 - Emery Lord
Wink Poppy Midnight - April Genevieve Tucholke
Exit, Pursued By a Bear - E.K. Johnston 


Unlike April, I went ahead and bought a bunch of books this month. Like the 11 I got from the used book sale at the beginning of the month. 

eBooks I Bought This Month
We're All Damaged - Matthew Norman (Kindle First pick)
Pale Kings and Princes & Bitter of Tongue - Cassandra Clare, et al.
Is it evil not to be sure? - Lena Dunham
The Last Boy and Girl in the World - Siobhan Vivian

Challenge Updates 

Goodreads Challenge: 43/100 
Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: 7/26

Despite my slump, I am still 2 books ahead on my schedule. I'm hoping to stay ahead of the game by at least 1 book at all times. Fingers crossed. As for the Book Riot challenge, it's safe to say that I am getting to the harder challenges (things like non-fiction books about science or biographies) that aren't going to be my easiest accomplishments. I'm not gonna stress about it, though. I have a lot of ideas for most of the topics, it is just a matter of actually tackling them.

Here's to another great reading month!!

  

Comments